Immigration, first registration of re-registering coming from abroad

If you are moving from abroad to the municipality of Soest, you need to come to the town hall in person to inform the municipality of this. You will need to make an appointment.

Legalising your documents

Before your documents are ready to use in the Dutch system, they may need legalisations and/or translations. Documents are most often legalised in the country from where the document originates. Your document must be original and complete, including referred-to document and annexes.

If your document is not in English, French, German, or Dutch you will most likely have to have it translated.

For current information concerning the legalizations for foreign documents, please consult:

Request an appointment

Before you can schedule an appointment with the municipality, we ask you to fill in the following online form. Please fill in your personal information.

If the appointment is for more than one person, please also fill in the personal information of the other persons joining.

We will check all the information supplied and, if complete, send you an email allowing you to book an appointment.

Requestform for an appointment


BRP registration is provided free of charge. The fees for the residence permit can be found on the website of the IND.

How long does it take?

The amount of time it takes to register in the BRP depends on your personal situation and the documents which are required. Usually, your BRP registration will be processed within 4 weeks once you have submitted all your documents.

You will receive a letter from the municipality with the confirmation of your registration. If this is your first registration, this letter will also contain your BSN.