Receiving visitors from abroad

Are you receiving visitors from abroad and your visit requires a visa? If so, apply for a guarantor or private accommodation. Your visit will need this when applying for a visa for a stay of up to three months.


The guarantee ensures that your guest will not get into trouble if he or she cannot pay the costs of a stay in the Netherlands (anymore).

Private accommodation

Is your guest staying in your home? Then you will also need a private accommodation guarantee. This is included in the sponsor declaration.

How to apply?

Make an appointment

it is necessary to make an appointment with the municipality, to make sure that a qualified municipality employee is present and available to help you. To make an appointment you can call the municipality of Soest on business days between 8.30 a.m. and 12.30 p.m. on 035-609 34 11.

What do you bring with you?

You bring with you:

  • Valid proof of identity from both of you.
  • The completed proof form of the IND, without your signature(s). The signatures must be placed at the desk of the municipality.


Guarantee Costs (euro)
Legalization per signature 16,40